You are here: home » about » travel tips » documents

Documents in Tuscany


    - Passports - IDs

    There are no longer any frontier controls at the borders between 22 EU countries. This is thanks to the Schengen rules which are part of EU law. These rules remove all internal border controls but put in place effective controls at the external borders of the EU and introduce a common visa policy. If you are entering or leaving the EU at the external borders, you will need a valid passport or an ID card.

    Italy is a full Schengen member and therefore Tuscany is a Schengen member too. Regarding the free movement of people within EU, Italian Regions have exactly the same laws as Italy: the regional administrations make no difference in welcoming tourism, you can freely move from a region to another.
    It is best to bring your passport or ID card with you when travelling around Tuscany, because you may be required to prove your identity.

    Make sure that any children travelling with you either have their own passport or ID card or are registered on your passport.

    - Visa
    You will not need a visa for travelling within Italy (the EU in general).


  • - Passports - IDs

    You will need a valid passport.

    - Visa
    There are 34 countries whose nationals do not need a visa to visit the EU for three months or less. These include Australia, Canada, Croatia, Japan, New Zealand and the United States. A list of countries whose nationals require visas to travel in Europe is available. If in doubt, check with the nearest consulate of any EU country.

    If your visa is from a country fully applying the Schengen rules, it automatically allows you to travel to the other Schengen countries as well. Moreover, if you have a valid residence permit from one of those Schengen countries, it is equivalent to a visa. You may need a national visa to visit non-Schengen countries.

    More information about visa requirements for non-EU citizens including a list of countries whose nationals require a visa for travelling in the EU can be found on the EU website.


    Your travel, health and car insurance documents are necessary when you're travelling abroad.

    - Health
    If you are a European national, you have free or very cheap access to healthcare, thanks to your European Health Insurance Card.
    The non-Europeans should get information in their country before leaving or check on the EU website.

    - Car
    Don't forget to bring your driving licence, car insurance and car documents with you if you are driving around Europe.

    For further information:
  • Where

    province, city, location

    Check-in Date, Check-out Date

    Accommodation in Tuscany
    Eating Out in Tuscany
    Attractions in Tuscany
    The tower of Santa Mari...
    Medicea Fortress
    Museo Rospigliosi
    DOG ADV LTD - VAT: GB178644759 - Company Number: 8733435